Tuesday 5 July 2011

Wait... did you just flush?

Something happened to me today that made me stop to consider what is socially acceptable while you’re on a Skype call, or texting, or any kind of communication that isn’t face to face.
To protect him/her, I’m going to call this colleague DE
DE and I were talking about a potentially big (and complex) deal – what was the right approach? Are they playing hard ball with us? Do we stick to our guns on price? Do we turn it on its head and offer a deal based on long term value to the client etc.. Not very exciting I know, but that’s how I pay the rent
Mid way through this conversation we were interrupted by what sounded like niagara falls, which is what a toilet flushing sounds like on Skype
Instead of interrupting the conversation DE took his/her laptop into the bathroom with them, relieved themselves while we were talking and pulled the handle, not the worst thing right? Well it gets worse
DE announced that they had “dropped the mother-load” and that it was “a shit equal to the perfect storm” and they had “been waiting days for this”...
Then a second flush and DE proudly announced “that was a double flusher”
“DE”!  I said, “I can’t believe you did that while we were talking” the reply... “Don’t worry, you didn’t put me off”
I guess socially speaking this isn’t acceptable behaviour, but I have to admit it made me laugh a lot, and I’d challenge anyone reading this to deny that they haven’t ever composed a message or spoken to someone while on the throne
For all you know, I’m writing this from there right now...
-  bod

1 comment:

DE said...

This is hilarious. I want to write more, but I need a poo...