Wednesday 6 July 2011

Sky TV...Your Fired!

You can’t deny it, between them Rupert Murdock’s Sky and Alan Sugar’s Sky box they have really come up with a winning combination of technology and entertainment

I have everything, the Sky + Sucker package: - sports, films, history, documentaries, bollywood,  al jazeera, the surgery channel, music, shopping, religion you name it, I also have Sky telephone and broadband
I don’t have a 3D TV or the glasses, but if I want to watch Alan ripping people to shreds in the boardroom in gut churning double vision I can
The options are truly staggering; I can watch four programs at once while buying new pots & pans and recording another 3 channels
I can dial in from my mobile phone and tell it to record family guy, put the oven on and give the flat a quick tidy, if I had a girlfriend it could probably get her warmed up for me as well
I can log in online, manage and pay my bills, change my package, pre-programme my schedule for the next month, not to mention gamble, text chat, blog, date, email and so on... (I think you get the general idea)
My bill last month was £350 (I make a lot of phone calls, mostly to sky based shopping channels and services – so double whammy for sky)
Sounds great right?  Err... no in fact I want to point out a small, but fatal flaw – one that leaves me fuming every time it (regularly) happens, a flaw called rain
As soon as there’s a sniff of rain in the air the whole thing shuts down, goes off and sulks in the corner, and no amount of turning it off and on, fiddling with cables of shouting at it works
The reason I’m sharing all this?  All I wanted to do was relax tonight and watch the Aprentice, but it’s pissing it down and I’m tired of shouting...
- bod

1 comment:

Rhino said...

with the English weather youre out of luck then and facing a huge bill!