Wednesday 27 July 2011

Cat Vs Water

I’m not sure if admitting that my cat has fleas online is a good idea, despite the fact that most animals get them I have a sneaky suspicion that people will give me a wide berth for a while after reading this

But no matter, she had them, and they don’t seem to be your run of the mill fleas.  Every week for the last two months my cleaner (yes I have one) has used flea powder and flea spay as part of her cleaning, and I’ve spent £100’s in vet and frontline bills

All to no avail, in fact they seem to be thriving on it and getting bigger and braver, they’re venturing off her, almost as if there sending out advance recon teams to find a new home when they’ve bled her dry

Today was the last straw, I found her making a disgusting noise while chewing at her stomach, trying to catch the latest batch.

In a moment of desperation I grabbed the flea spray, picked her up by the scruff of her neck and gave her stomach a liberal coating

Why hadn’t I thought of that sooner? That will kill the problem at the source, what a genius!!

Genius no, far from it, as an afterthought I read the instructions and it made it very clear that it shouldn’t be used anywhere near your pet and they shouldn’t even be in the house while you use it

In the meantime Rosie had started whining and coughing (although she does that anyway) and falling over while trying to shake the spray off, so I grabbed her by the scruff again and held her under the shower for a few minutes, avoiding tooth and claw at great personal risk to clean it all off

She hated that, I mean really hated it, she couldn’t get me because of how I had hold of her, but her eyes said it all “bastard, you better not turn your back on me cos I’m going to get you good”

I put her down at arm’s length, ready to protect my man parts, she lashed out once, then ran off and started using my suit jacket to dry herself off

Before you call the RSPCA she is fine, and she is nice and clean, and I can’t find any fleas on her so I think it all worked out for the best – but she’s sat in the corner right now, one eye on me and it’s making be nervous

- bod

No comments: