Tuesday 9 August 2011

WMD's? My friend has two of them

As I write this I have a throat infection and its horrible, it’s horrible because it’s not really an illness, more of an inconvenience, but it does make eating, drinking, swallowing, sleeping and talking all very uncomfortable

It’s also not a very good reason to take a sick day from work, but what can you do if you can’t talk and you work in sales? So I've sat here today, drinking Lensips and feeling sorry for myself - rather than the rest of the country

I've had chance to watch the rolling coverage of the riots, the long hours filled with no real new information, just a lot of speculators speculating and experts experting.  Seems like we can blame anything from the police, the government, students, a few instigators, the rich, the poor, the black the white, ourselves, the economy, video games and god knows what else, I haven’t got a clue

I’m not an expert or a speculator, and of course I don’t agree with what’s happening, but there must be something behind the unrest – several people have said that its been bubbling under the surface for a while, and I think they may have something, if people feel oppressed or overlooked for long enough there will come a breaking point

Of course plenty of the rioters are in it for some new trainers, a TV or an iPhone, one group looted a charity shop which seems like bad planning, maybe some of them just they want to fight the police and burn the world

Luckily it hasn't spread to Bournemouth yet, and given the average age of our residents is 71 I don’t think it will (unless they decide to knock over Garla bingo), but if it does start here I have a plan.

I mentioned at the beginning my throat infection, well I caught it from one of my friends kids on Saturday.  I don’t know which one but I do know that children are walking chemical weapons; every time I see them I catch something my immune system’s forgotten how to fight

So, if riots do flare up here I think we should just send in a few snot covered kids, give it a couple of days and everyone will give up, who wants to fight the power when you've got a sore throat and cold?

- bod

3 comments:

jordsy said...

Good idea, while you are waiting for you mini biological weapons to take effect you can seek safety in the job centre. i'm pretty convinced non of the rioters I have seen will be heading there.

bod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bod said...

I also think Muse have a lot to answer for, they're songs are all about rebelling, fighting the power and uprising – well look what happened, I’d like to see them grab a couple of brooms and get cleaning